If you’re like me and are a little tired of all the laborious food prep from the Holidays, this recipe is for you. This is THAT recipe that you can prep and cook in 30 minutes and have restaurant quality meal at home. Perfect for those days you get home tired from work but don’t want have a crappy meal. And the fact it is foil baked makes it less messier, so the work after cooking is minimal. I loved this recipe so much that usually when I make it, I make it two times in the week. That’s is how much I love this recipe.
Let’s get started!!
First thing you’re going to do is to heat the oven at 425°F (220ºC). Then you’re going to toss (1) pound of peeled and cleaned shrimp with (4) Tablespoons of basil pesto – you can buy it or prepare yourself and we have a recipe for pesto in here. For this recipe, because the goal was to have the less amount of effort as possible, we’ve used an out-of-the-shelf pesto that we like a lot and always use when we’re lazy and don’t want to prepare one from scratch –> RACCONTO SAUCE PESTO TRDTNL BASIL
Tip 1: For tossing the shrimp with the pesto, simple use the plastic bag that usually comes with the shrimp and add the pesto inside it. Shake it until all shrimp is coated with the pesto. One less bowl to clean 🙂
Set the shrimp aside and season (6) Campari tomatoes, diced, with salt and pepper to your taste. Set those aside also.
Next step is to prepare (1) box of roasted garlic and olive oil couscous according to the box instructions. It is usually very easy to prepare. For the one we use (Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous Mix – 5.8 oz – 2 pk) you just need to melt 2 (teaspoons) of butter in (3/4) of cup of water and bring it into a simmer. Then add the contents of the box into the buttered water, remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 min. Just fluff the couscous in the pan and it is done!
Now you have 3 out of 4 main ingredients ready for being arranged over (4) squares of aluminum foil as shown on the pictures below. You’re going to evenly distributed the ingredients in 4 parts. First the couscous, then the tomatoes, followed by the shrimp.
The final touch is to distribute (3) Tablespoons of non-fat crumbled feta over the shrimp and close the packages.
Bake it for 20 minutes and VOILÀ!! It’s ready, it’s gourmet, it’s healthy and it is quick!!
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium-size shrimp
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 (5.8-oz) box roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 6 campari tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tbsp crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil into (18-20 in) squares
- Toss together shrimp and pesto and set aside
- Season the diced tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the couscous according to the package instructions
- Divide the couscous among 4 squares of foil and top it with seasoned diced tomatoes
- Arrange pesto shrimp over tomatoes, distributing it evenly over couscous and tomatoes
- Bring the edges of foil over shrimp and fold together to enclose filling, make sure you completely close the packets
- Place packets on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until shrimp turns pink
Tip 2: Here at home, we prepare it with some simple sweet potato edges as the side dish. Flavors match very well!